What is recruiting software?
Recruiting software is a type of software meant to help organizations streamline and automate the process of hiring from beginning to end. This includes tasks like:
- Sourcing candidates: Posting open positions on career websites, social media platforms, and talent communities
- Tracking applicants: Including resume screening, assessing candidates, and interviewing
- Recruiting analytics: Tracking metrics and KPIs such as time to fill, source of hire, and applicant-to-interview ratio
- Pre-hire assessment: Including personality assessment, skills testing, reference checking, and background checks
- Onboarding: New hire training and orientation
Why should HR leaders care about recruiting software?
Recruiting software is designed to help optimize the hiring process, automating repetitive tasks and offering data-based insights. It can improve the hiring workflow for HR professionals, recruiters, and hiring managers while enhancing the candidate experience.
Benefits of recruiting software include:
- Making the hiring process faster and more efficient
- Creating a positive candidate experience, which can increase the chances of hiring top candidates
- Gaining insight into the hiring process and places for potential improvement
In short, if you are involved in hiring, recruiting software can make your life easier while also helping you hire the best people.
What can HR leaders do to choose the right recruiting software?
There are many recruiting software options on the market, meaning that your organization’s success with it starts with choosing the right one for you. There are a few things to consider as you begin selecting the best recruiting software for your organization.
- Think about what you want to achieve with the recruiting software you choose. What pain points can you resolve? What goals can you meet?
- Consider the cost of the recruiting software you choose. What is your budget? What is the ROI of recruiting software? Where can it help you cut costs?
- Whenever possible, try a test drive of the recruiting software you’re considering to make sure that it really meets your needs.
It’s also worth thinking about which special features your recruiting software of choice might have, such as:
- Integrations: Some recruiting software offers integrations with job boards, background check providers, and HRIS systems to streamline the hiring process even further. It will be even easier for you if you can find recruiting software that integrates with tools you already use.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion: If DE&I is a core value of your organization, you may want to choose a recruiting software that supports bias-free recruitment.
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence: Do you want to lean on the power of AI to help power the recruiting process to save time and make better decisions?
Recommended For Further Reading
Why should recruiting software be a part of modern HR strategy?
If your HR team is spending hours sifting through applications, entering data into spreadsheets, and copying and pasting canned emails, you’re probably not focusing on the more important, strategic work you could be doing. Recruiting software can automate and streamline your hiring process, freeing HR professionals up for more valuable work while optimizing recruitment and making better hires.