What is compensation management software?
Compensation management software is a dedicated planning system that streamlines employee data and budget planning to create optimum employee compensation packages.
The goal of compensation management software is to lighten the workload for managers and HR professionals through:
- Helping users build competitive compensation packages
- User sharing of company compensation protocols
- Enabling data import and export
- Including a central dashboard that displays compensation data
Why should HR Leaders care about compensation management software?
A well-implemented compensation management software can reduce company costs and help managers and HR make smart, informed decisions regarding hiring and compensation planning. A company that offers cutting edge compensation can increase employee:
What can HR leaders do to implement effective compensation management software?
HR leaders can approach software implementation methodically:
- Define the goals. HR leaders can draft a document that outlines the objectives of instituting the new software, and include, for example, lowering company costs, decreasing the workload for managers and employees, and creating attractive, budgeted compensation plans.
- Ensure executive and financial backing. HR leaders can consult with financial advisors to determine a realistic budget for the entire software implementation process. Executive backing is equally important, and HR should appoint an executive who’ll function as a sponsor and hold accountability for the project from start to finish.
- Enlist the help of others. Because it’s such a complicated process to incorporate new software, HR leaders should consult with advisors and employees who’ll be using it. HR leaders break down the tasks and divide them up among IT, communications, and project management teams, as well as financial specialists and supply chain management.
- Stay on track. With the aid of a hand-selected team, HR leaders can compose a requirements document that includes employee concerns, questions, and needs concerning the new compensation management software.
- Build a strong relationship with the vendor. Vendor partnerships, like any other successful relationship, are built on trust, communication, and understanding. For a company and a vendor to become long term partners and build an effective, balanced relationship, HR leaders should transparently communicate company goals and requirements.
- Engage and guide managers. As the primary users of the software, it’s vital to support managers throughout the learning process. HR leaders can explain how the software will benefit managers and address all their questions. By providing individual help to those who need extra instruction, offering encouragement, and recognizing progress, HR leaders can establish a positive association with the new software.
Recommended For Further Reading
How can compensation management software improve company culture?
A compensation management software that can lighten manager workloads and improve employee compensation packages can generate greater employee productivity and job satisfaction. Employees who are engaged by their work and an attractive compensation package, are likely to bring enthusiasm and positive energy to the company culture.