HiBob helps modern, mid-size businesses transform the way they manage people, giving HR and managers all they need to connect, engage, develop, and retain top talent. Since 2015, we’ve achieved consecutive triple-digit year-over-year growth, all backed by our amazing team of Bobbers from across the globe, making us the choice HRIS of over 3500 midsize and multinational companies.
Our HR platform is intuitive, data-driven, and built for the way people work today: globally, remotely, and collaboratively. Fast-growing companies across the globe such as Monzo, Happy Socks, Fiverr, and VaynerMedia rely upon Bob to help them create the best work experiences for their people.
Come and be you with us
Being a Bobber is all about being you. We want you to bring all parts of yourself to work, giving you the freedom and confidence to be the best you and do your best work. If that’s bubbly, shy, precise, funny, bold, kind, honest, brilliant, or anything in between, we’re waiting with open arms. Come join us.
Why join as our Engineering Team Lead in Lisbon
- You will get to lead, mentor, develop and grow your own team
- You will lead the full development lifecycle of brand new greenfield projects at Hibob
What will you do?
- As an Engineering Team Lead, you will be in charge of hiring, onboarding, growing and mentoring our team in Lisbon of backend and frontend engineers, while working closely with our Product team to build and execute on a roadmap of exciting features.
- You should be passionate about people management as well as software engineering and building a product end-to-end, as your team will be responsible for owning the dev cycle from the technical design, through coding and testing, to deployment and monitoring.
- We work in a true continuous delivery environment with fully automated QA processes on a microservices architecture, deploying to production dozens of times every day.
Requirements are often considered a measure of how equipped you are to do the job, but sometimes, they aren’t the only factor. If you don’t have nearly enough experience, or not all the skills, we’d still like to hear from you. This could be the perfect fit for you and us.
- 8+ years of professional experience in software engineering.
- 3+ years of experience as a team leader or Scrum Master, preferably on a dynamic, fast-paced startup.
- Excellent knowledge of software design and scalable web architecture.
- People’s person with strong leadership skills who can motivate and build a winning team.
- Experience with testing methodologies - unit-testing, TDD, mocking, etc.
- Independent, resourceful, and proactive team player with a desire to impact our team, our product, and our customers.
- Great communication skills in English.
The following are a big plus
- Having both backend and frontend development experience.
- Experience with Kotlin, Scala, Java, and Angular.
- Experience leading offshore engineers.
- Experience with AWS or an equivalent cloud platform.
Join our village
HiBob is a village filled with amazing people and we’re especially proud of that. It’s a place where Bobbers can be themselves. We’re about fun, dreams, hopes and ambition, just as much as we are about precision, growth, and top performance. Becoming a Bobber means you’ll receive competitive compensation, benefits, and pre-IPO equity alongside all of this:
- Competitive compensation
- Company share options plan
- Health Insurance for you and your kids
- We have a flexible hybrid working model
- Work from home allowance- to get your home office set up!
- 2 Social Impact days per year for volunteering
- Prepaid meal card
- Awesome employee referral program- $2,500 for each successful referral with an additional ambassador programme
- Temporary remote work from anywhere in the world for up to 2 months (after 6 months of employment)
- Fun company and team social events (locally and virtually with our global teams)
- Bob balance days - 4 additional days within a calendar year - Enjoy a company-wide long weekend at the beginning of each quarter
If this sounds like something you’ve been looking for, we’d love to have you. Come on, join our village!